Tiffany Donio specializes in the practice of corporate law and tax law.
Tiffany provides representation to for-profit entities and their principals in a variety of matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, corporate and partnership terminations, mergers and acquisitions, business contracting and public company reporting obligations.
Tiffany also advises clients on a variety of tax issues, including choice of entity, conversions from one form of entity to another, income tax planning, federal and state tax audits and appeals, and compliance with state and local tax laws, including sales tax issues.
- Advised clients with respect to entity formation issues, including choice of entity planning, tax planning and corporate governance issues.
- Assisted business owners with shareholder, partnership, operating, consultant and independent contractor agreements, including non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Represented both buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions (both asset sales and stock sales).
- Counseled companies regarding SEC compliance and reporting matters.
- Successfully represented real estate brokerage firm and its owner in the U.S. Tax Court with respect to significant income tax deficiencies.
- Successfully obtained abatement of penalties on behalf of clients from IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Represented taxpayers before federal and state taxing authorities, the U.S. Tax Court and the Tax Court of New Jersey on a variety of issues, including income tax matters, sales and use tax matters and responsible person tax penalty matters.
- Advised clients with respect to commercial transactions, including with respect to the sale of goods and warehousing agreements.
Professional And Community Involvement
Professional Organization Membership
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
Current Community Board Service
- Board of Directors of the Non Profit Development Center of Southern New Jersey
Awards And Recognition
- Named one of “2017 Women to Watch” in South Jersey Biz Magazine
- SNJ Business People 40 Under 40 (2014)
- Recipient, Arthur T. Vanderbilt Prize in Legal History, Rutgers School of Law – Camden (2006)
- Recipient, First Year Writing Award, Rutgers School of Law – Camden (2006)
- Recipient, Pro Bono Award, Rutgers School of Law – Camden (2006)