Charlie is an associate in the firm’s Environmental Law Group.
Charlie has experience in all areas of toxic tort and environmental law, and has been involved in all stages of litigation in complex multi-party matters in both federal and state courts. He concentrates his practice in pursuing and defending complex environmental matters, such as claims involving underground storage tanks, soil and groundwater contamination, diminution in value to property, economic and non-economic damages, cleanup and response costs, Natural Resource Damages and physical and psychological injuries. Charlie also has experience serving as plaintiff’s counsel in toxic tort matters.
In addition to being well-versed in toxic tort and environmental matters, Charlie has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in other areas of litigation, such as commercial contract disputes, trademark infringement, personal injury matters, and landlord/tenant disputes.
Charlie’s practice spans all aspects of litigation, including drafting pleadings, drafting discovery requests and responses, managing large scale document reviews and productions, preparing for and attending depositions, drafting and arguing dispositive motions, and trial preparation.
Charlie graduated cum laude from Rutgers School of Law – Camden in 2013 where he received the First Year Legal Writing Award and the Reed Smith Clinical Excellence Award. During law school, Charlie was an associate editor for the Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy, a board member for the Hunter Moot Court program, interned for the Honorable Dora L. Irizarry in the Eastern District of New York, and externed for the Honorable Renee Marie Bumb in the District of New Jersey.
Charlie was raised in Woodbury, NJ and currently resides in Philadelphia, PA. He graduated from Rutgers University – New Brunswick in 2008 with a B.A. Political Science. Prior to attending law school, Charlie worked as a legal assistant in the New York office of a large international law firm.
- Extensively involved with the defense of a multi-billion dollar action brought by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for cleanup and removal costs and damages associated with the Passaic River. Involvement includes extensive deposition preparation and participation, document reviews and productions, and drafting dispositive motions.
- Involved with defense of multi-billion dollar action brought by New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection concerning alleged Natural Resources Damages at a major refinery, including extensive trial preparation.
- Involved with defending multiple federal multi-district litigations brought by state natural resource trustees alleging MTBE contamination of surface waters and groundwater.
- Involved with pursuing and defending claims of PCB contamination at multiple sites in New Jersey.
- Successfully drafted and argued an opposition to summary judgment in a personal injury matter involving medical malpractice claims.
- Successfully obtained favorable judgments and settlements in landlord/tenant disputes.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Camden County Bar Association
- NJLEEP – Mentor
- South Jersey Young Professionals Association
Awards And Recognition
First Year Legal Writing Award; Reed Smith Clinical Excellence Award
- How Can You Stand Out From the Crowded Applicant Field?, The Legal Intelligencer, Young Lawyer Column, April 16, 2015
- “Attorneys’ Guide to Local Government Law – Eminent Domain Actions” Presented for the National Business Institute in Newark, NJ on December 19, 2016.
- “A Guide to the New Jersey Appellate Division” New Jersey Law Journal, April 3, 2017
- A Valuable Contribution: Cercla Cost Recovery and Contribution Against The Federal Government, Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee Newsletter, Vol. 18, No. 3, May 2017, P.22.